The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh's Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA's Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh's Coolest Offices. But it's our unique opportunity to impact people's lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
The Team Lead is responsible to assist team members in meeting area goals by performing non-standard work, performing standard work assessments of team members, monitoring hourly performance, training/coaching team members on standard work, and either resolving or escalating problems with urgency. The Team Lead will also fill-in for absent team members, identify areas for process improvement, work with support personnel to implement necessary process/line changes, give process direction to team members, help to address productivity issues, coordinate training for newer employees, and serve as first point of contact for questions related to process and materials. Requires a thorough knowledge of processes in the assigned area of responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assures Safety within assigned area by identifying and resolving any safety issues immediately and assuring 5S requirements are met.
- Assures Quality results within assigned area by checking team member output against standards and resolving issues immediately.
- Assures Delivery requirements are met within assigned area by monitoring hourly performance to standards and performing standard work assessments, then taking action to resolve discrepancies or observations with urgency.
- Assures Cost targets are met within assigned area by urgently resolving issues, assisting team members, and monitoring process indicators (in-process kanban levels, etc.) and adjusting team member work assignments so that people remain productive.
- Maintains Morale within the team and achieves job requirements by helping people to learn, to achieve area goals, and by treating people with respect. Escalates any performance or personnel issues to management.
- Process start-up and control.
- Meet production goals.
- Activate Andons and respond to problems identified by team members.
- Confirm quality - routine checks.
- Cover absenteeism.
- Training and cross-training team members and assuring that only properly-trained people are assigned to work stations.
- Assure equipment is in good order at work stations. Coordinate equipment calibration and maintenance.
- Assure standard work is being followed.
- Assure area procedures and policies are being followed.
- Facilitate problem solving with small groups.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement improvements through proper procedures.
- Assure parts and materials are supplied to the process.
- High school education, vocational training or associate degree preferred.
- Over 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated work skills, leadership skills, a willingness to help, and the ability and get along well with others.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
No Direct Supervisory Responsibility
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity