Allegheny Intermediate Unit
Family Literacy Case Manager, Carnegie
The Case Manager works respectfully with a minimum of twenty (20) to twenty-five (25) families who are pregnant and/or parenting teens and their children, in a strengths model approach. The Case Manager will mobilize resources, assist students to graduate or attain a GED, help students reach self-sufficiency, and integrate into the community. It is also the responsibility of the Case Manager to complete and forward all the necessary forms, attendance and grades information, and student data as required by established data protocols and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Associates Degree in psychology, counseling, child development, social work, family relations, education, human service field, guidance and counseling a plus with two (2) years of experience working with infants/toddlers and families required.
2. Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, counseling, child development, social work, family relations, education, human service field, guidance and counseling a plus with one (1) year experience working with infants/toddlers and families preferred
3. Experience working with the parents, children, and school personnel in both home and school environments. Community services experience preferred.
4. Ability to travel
5. Ability to comply with the AIU Conduct policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Sitting for extended period of time
2. Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling 35 pounds
3. Ability to kneel, crouch, bend and reach to retrieve and handle teaching materials and supplies
4. Moving fingers and hands in a repetitive manner
5. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly when communicating with limited English-speaking customers
6. Hearing clearly
7. Adequate vision to perform duties
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Reports To: Project ELECT Coordinator
Benefits: Individual Benefits