About us - Tech with a purpose
Tobii Dynavox, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices, products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live richer and more independent lives. Our assistive technology gives people a voice in entirely new and often game-changing ways. We have everything from design, research & development, production, customer service and support right here on-site, making it easier to get to the heart of our products and customers.
We are a top-rated workplace with a dynamic and friendly environment, located just minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
We're Tobii Dynavox, the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices. We help people with communication and mobility challenges live meaningful lives. Our products help children and adults born with conditions like cerebral palsy, autism, Rhett syndrome, or acquired ones (ALS, paralysis, or aphasia.) We are a global team working out of Pittsburgh, PA, and Stockholm, Sweden.Job Description
As aSeniorSoftware Engineer (Front-end), you are responsible fordeliveringnew features and enhancements for our web-based software products.In this position, you will be responsible forbuilding efficient, functional user interfaces as part of our Boardmaker product offering in the special education market. You will be workingas part of a larger team and will be asked to act as a resource/mentorfor colleagues with less experienceand alsobeexpected toworkindependentlywith minimaloversight.This position will work closely with UX Designers to understand user needs, prototype solutions and deliver an amazing user experience. As a hands-on software engineer you may be working on key components yourself or guiding a team of engineers working together on larger solutions.
Your days will be filled with:
- Develop front-end infrastructure and services within the Azure cloud platform
- Workin a cross-functional teamwith otherengineers, UX Designer, SQAs and Product Manager.
- Support production issues,development,and test environments
- Maintain documentation of our cloud architectureandstandards
- Support improvements to ourprocesses, and governance models
- Various other duties asneeded to keep TobiiDynavoxsolutionsleading the market
- Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
- Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
- Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
- Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward the greater good
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers' needs and keep customers as a top focus
- Autonomous: you naturally self-manage and own your tasks from start to finish
- Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supporta project through from start to completion, including requirements definition, research, rapid prototyping, review, implementation, testing, and deployment.
- Design andhelpdevelop cross-platform applications to ensure successful user experience on all devices.
- Engage with project stakeholders,incorporatefeedbackas the basis for implementation decisions.
- Work with Product Management tounderstand customers' perspective within the productand supportrequirements that meet customer needs, technical feasibility, and project scope.
- Receive and offertechnicalreviews to ensure the integrity of the system, adherence to best practices, and accuracy.
- Workwith the UX team to implement front-end requirements andhelp refinethe direction of the user interface.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to diagnose and resolve defects.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor colleagues.
- Stay up to date with market trends and recommend new technologies and capabilitieswhere applicable.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience in web development
- Experience in any front-end framework for Web Development
- Experience in C#, ASP .NET Core
- Strongobject-oriented analysis and design skills
- Demonstrated experience designing, building, and delivering complete software solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak both to technical audiences, as well as to senior level business decision makers
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of software engineers
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with front-end testing tools/frameworks
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Experience building testable systems using unit tests
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Please address your questions to Andrew Wall, Andrew.Wall@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled