Tobii Dynavox is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices. Named a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette the past 5 years and also nominated as a finalist for Pittsburgh's Tech50 in 2021, we have a fantastic team working on products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. The engineering team has offices in Stockholm and Pittsburgh with a 20+ year history of software and hardware excellence.
People with various disabilities, including ALS, Cerebral Palsy, spinal cord injury, and stroke, come to us for a voice. We help them "speak" with their hands and eyes. Our customers interact and communicate with technology in completely new and life-changing ways. We are honored to transform people's lives with our products.Job Description
As a Software Engineer, you are responsible for delivering our high-quality product and bringing new capabilities to the Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) market.
Your days will be filled with:
- Develop Boardmaker Editor and Student center applications in various platforms (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android)
- Develop Boardmaker website and backend services within the Azure cloud platform
- Collaborate with the application engineers and UX designer to create services satisfying the requirements of the various applications
- Manage APIs and services to ensure proper versioning and application compatibility
- Test and ensure the quality of the software
- Address and troubleshoot production issues that may occur
- Learn and apply best practices to keep Tobii Dynavox solutions leading the market
- Specifier: you naturally drive for specificity, accuracy, and expertise
- Organizer: you instinctually organize objectives into specific tasks and workflows
- Transformer: you transform high-level concepts into tangible products
- Team Player: you are willing to take input from others and work toward the greater good
- Customer Focused: you are mindful of customers' needs and keep customers as a top focus
- Autonomous: you naturally self-manage and own your tasks from start to finish
- Craftsman: you take pride in your work and deliver quality software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with product management to define requirements that meet customer needs, technical feasibility, and project scope.
- Receive and offer technical reviews to ensure the integrity of the system, adherence to best practices, and accuracy.
- Partner with the UX team to implement front-end requirements and shape the direction of the user interface.
- Work collaboratively with Quality Assurance to diagnose and resolve defects.
- Present work to all stakeholder groups and incorporate feedback into product improvements.
- Provide technical guidance and mentor colleagues as a senior member of the team.
- Stay up to date with market trends and recommend new technologies and capabilities to the team and Engineering department.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 2-7 years of experience in software development
- Experience Web Development, C#, .NET Core, REST API
- Experience building testable systems using unit tests
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with Azure DevOps build and release pipelines
- Experience with relational SQL databases
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Position Type/Expected Hours
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are flexible and may vary, but core office times are 9 AM to 3 PM EDT. We are committed to providing a hybrid work environment where in-office and remote options are available.
This position will require little to no travel, although occasional out-of-the-area and overnight travel opportunities may be available.Additional Information
Please address your questions to Andrew Wall, Andrew.Wall@tobiidynavox.com and submit your resume through our website as soon as possible. Don't wait! At Tobii, we move quickly!
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled