STGi is currently seeking a PRN Registered Nurse Care Manager to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Registered Nurse Care Manager, who represents the interests of Veteran patients in all areas of the clinic and coordinates care with VA medical Center and stakeholders. The position requires an understanding of the clinical and medical programs, processes and procedures of the clinic and relationships of various services. The position is directly linked to customer service and the Service Excellence program initiatives. The general duty of the RN is to provide professional clinical services under the direction of the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) and to manage patient care.
- Provide nursing care based on physician, mid-level provider and CBOC Clinic Manager's orders, to meet the needs (physical, mental, and emotional) of patients.
- Supervise support staff, if applicable, in delivery of care to patients.
- Lead and participate in PACT team huddles.
- Work with the Primary Care Physician (PCP) to ensure the clinic is adequately staffed for quality care delivery and the promotion of continuity of care between the VAMC and the clinic.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control practices.
- Supervise medical assistants and/or licensed practical nurses who obtain initial information from patients (i.e.: vital signs, symptoms, and complaints) through interviewing patients and reviewing record.
- Prepare patients for examination and assist the PACT Provider upon request.
- Provide smooth and timely flow of patients in accordance with the VA access standards and triage protocol.
- Demonstrate, understand and perform triage activities for all walk-in patients and medical phone inquiries.
- Administer medications per facility protocols, as prescribed by provider,
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigations, catheterizations, and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures by providing information and instructions.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment, including monitor, Electrocardiogram (FAG), oxygen, and portable suction.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical records and Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote continuity of care.
- Keep the VISTA clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow-up appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the patient's medical necessity.
- Keep patient informed regarding their plan of care, including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Provide health materials, resources and education to patients and their families for informational purposes according to need and learning capacity.
- Assist the providers, as required, in ensuring all patient information on electronic encounter documentation is complete and accurate.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between its Subcontractor(s) and the VAMC.
- Ensure that all required reports, clinical and administrative documentation is completed in an accurate, timely and complete fashion.
- Participate in the management of day to day CBOC operations.
- Comply with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and supporting patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Perform the duties of the CBOC Clinic Manager when he/she is absent (if applicable).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- RN from a National League for Nursing (NLN)-accredited school. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
STGi is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.
STGi is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.