Our Storage Technical Services team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in to support and maintain the functional integrity of TC Energy's underground natural gas storage assets in the U.S. We are seeking a Well Technician who has knowledge and experience in storage well reconditioning, drilling, deliverability improvement, plugging and abandoning, re-drilling and re-plugging, well testing and other pertinent well construction-related activities. The successful candidate will possess the necessary technical, organizational, and supervisory skills to interact on a daily basis with area O&M personnel, vendors, contractors, consultants, foreign drilling operators, State and federal (where applicable) oil and gas inspectors and the public.
What you'll do
- Prepare and submit preliminary well work permitting forms for project activities
- Coordinate site surveys for environmental reports and well plats
- Develop erosion and sedimentation plans meeting state, federal (where applicable) oil and gas regulations
- Supervise the preparation and reclamation of wellsites during well construction activities
- Supervise well workover and stimulation procedures as outlined by the Well Engineering and Technology engineer's well plans
- Complete daily well work database entries, material documentation, well status change forms, construction books, state completion reports, etc.
- Supervise flowback and cleanup of storage wells following stimulation
- Supervise and coordinate storage well surveillance logging program in the field
- Monitor production drilling activity within storage field boundaries
- Investigate storage well encroachment problems
- Maintain Storage service rig, well testing and wireline tools and equipment in operational condition
- Other tasks as required
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 or more years of previous experience in oil and gas well construction
- Ability to read, comprehend, analyze, organize and act on material included in Company policies and procedures, state rules and regulations, written construction procedures, etc.;
- Above-average communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Above-average knowledge of various oilfield construction equipment;
- Outstanding ability to organize, schedule and supervise company personnel and equipment, contractors and vendors in well construction activities.
- Working knowledge of computer applications required, preferably including SAP along with MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Two-year degree in an engineering or geological discipline
- 2 or more years of previous experience supervising general oil field construction activities
This position requires candidates to
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Be exposed to noise during well construction activities, weather extremes, oil, muddy and dirty wellsite conditions, various chemicals, fluids, natural gas, odors, vapors and exhaust and high-pressure wells
- Work in varied environments: Indoors 20%, Outdoors 80%
- Walk / stand (50%), bend /stoop/climb (10%), and sit (40%)
- Operate a four-wheel-drive vehicle in various weather and road conditions such as narrow/steep grades, rough terrain, mud, ice, snow, etc.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.