Job Location:Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations:Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date:09/13/2021
Number of Positions:1
This position is located at our Fort Worth, Texas corporate office and has the potential to be a hybrid position with up to 50% remote work.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist with various special projects, executive presentations, and financial reporting requests
- Get exposure to various areas - financial reporting; forecast, planning, and analysis; operations support & budgeting; fixed asset accounting; and other accounting/finance groups
- Receive cross-functional training with the intent of being placed into a permanent role within the Accounting department within 6 - 12 months where various responsibilities include, but are not limited to preparing management financial reports, regulatory financial reports and portions of SEC financial reports, account reconciliations, and performance and testing of SOX controls
- Contribute to a high-morale, high-performance culture and demonstrate the ability to organize team efforts to accomplish common goals
- Candidates must be self-starters, have the ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects, and be able to work with various individuals other departments
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in public accounting or industry accounting
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Able to research accounting issues and propose conclusions on the proper accounting treatment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Public accounting experience
- Masters' degree in accounting or business administration
The duties, responsibilities, and qualifications in this posting are representative categories to be used by an applicant in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not constitute an exhaustive list of qualifications or essential functions of the position.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at.